Tips on Getting Motivated

      If you’re anything like me, you’ll also find it hard to become motivated in the winter months of the year. With a mix of the bare trees, gray skies, cold weather, and probably ten other factors, I can find it a bit hard to keep up the same fire I felt during the summertime. The crisp air puts me in a mood to crawl in bed, bundle up in countless blankets, put on netflix, and not get back up again.
     Although these lazy times can be quite nice, there’s still a lot I want to accomplish yet in the moment lack the motivation to. So I’ve come up with a few of my own tricks to set a mood that will get you motivated to exercise, eat well, keep up with work, clean, or anything else you may feel a current lack of motivation for. 
      My first tip is that, when it’s hard to find any motivation to even get going, you have to try your best just to get up and do it. 
            -Grab some candles, decorations, etc. I know when I get some new decor, it motivates me to want my house to look nice in order to show it all off! It seems kind of simple, but wanting to decorate can be motivational to clean. 
            -Watch youtube videos, or look at motivational twitter or instagram pages. Again this one seems pretty simple, but it works for me. Seeing such as fitness photos, DIY’s, anything that I want to achieve will help put me in the mood to want to achieve them. 
      So if any of that has motivated you enough to get up, my next tip is to make sure you’re in a clean environment. So clean your room, take a shower, anything to make you feel good and clean. I find that being clean, or being in a clean environment, helps me feel so much better and gets me more motivated. 
      Next, I would say to set your mood! Put on music that makes you want to get up and moving, light some candles, open your curtains, whatever gets you into a happy, feel good kind of mood. 
      Although these tips seem a bit basic, just give them a shot! Sometimes it’s the simplest things that can make such a difference. I find doing these small things to be effective for me, and gets me up and motivated to accomplish anything! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Few Days of High School

New Addition